- First Sundays, the historic Old Adobe Chapel, at 3950 Conde Street, in Old Town San Diego. Map. Please note that the the singing will be from 3pm to 5pm at this location only. Parking is limited in the area, so come early, and car-pool if possible. Be sure to check out the Whaley House website for more information about the Chapel. We have been requested to bring our own folding chairs to this location.
- Second Sundays, 3pm to 5pm, we meet at the First Unitarian Church, 4190 Front Street, San Diego, CA 92103-2030. As Front Street is one-way southbound, you reach the Church area by going north from Washington Street on First Street. Turn left at Arbor Street, and cross Front Street. UCSD Medical Center is on the right, and you can park in the lot on your left (it's free on Sundays). For more details see the church's website: www.firstuusandiego.org
- Third Sundays, the historic Old Adobe Chapel, at 3950 Conde Street, in Old Town San Diego. Map. Please note that the the singing will be from 3pm to 5pm at this location only. Parking is limited in the area, so come early, and car-pool if possible. Be sure to check out the Whaley House website for more information about the Chapel. We have been requested to bring our own folding chairs to this location.
- Fourth Sundays, 3pm to 5pm. Currently, this location varies from month to month. Check the main page of the website for the specific location.
- Fifth Sundays, 3pm to 5pm. We do not have a regularly scheduled singing on 5th Sundays, but if the opportunity presents itself, it will be posted on the main page of this website.
Everyone is welcome to come to our singings, to join in or just to listen. Loaner copies of The Sacred Harp (1991 Edition) are always available. If you haven't heard Sacred Harp singing, you've got a treat in store.
For many years we met at the Porter House, Old Poway Park, 14134 Midland Road, in Poway, about a 25 minute drive up I-15 from downtown San Diego. Map In the future, we may return to this location, and we will continue to use the outstanding facilities at Old Poway Park for our All-Day Singing in July and the 2013 All-California Convention.
Another occasional alternate location: Penasquitos Ranch House at Canyonside County Park 12350 Black Mountain Road.Map [Directions: From I-15, exit at Mercy Road/Scripps Poway Parkway, go west on Mercy Road. Take Mercy Road to Black Mountain Road. Turn right onto Black Mountain Road. Turn left at the first stoplight into Canyonside Park. Go straight, past the ball fields, and continue onto the gravel road. Park by the big barn.]
Until recently, we also have sung at the First Presbyterian Church of El Cajon, 500 Farragut Circle. Map We may return to this location at some later date.
Likewise, we have used the foyer at Tierrasanta Lutheran Church, 11240 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. Map [Directions: From I-15, go east from Clairemont Mesa Blvd exit (just south of Hwy 52 interchange). After 2 miles you pass D Portola Middle School on the left (signal light at the school). Pass the next left hand turn (for Tierrasanta Community Park), and take the second left turn, which follows closely. There are two churches here, the Lutheran Church is the one on the left, only one story and set back from the road, behind the parking lot. Alternatively, you can exit Hwy 52 at Santo Road, and go south. Turn left (east on Clairemont Mesa Blvd) and follow the above directions.]
Another location we have used is the City of San Diego Community Meeting Room, 4140 Federal Boulevard (just east of Home Avenue, past the Police Revolver Club but before the Canine Squad Kennels). Map You may find it helpful to see the a picture of the building from the street, as it's behind a security fence (which will be open for our singings) Building View
Yet another location we will be trying out soon is the Fellowship Hall at Santee United Methodist Church, 8964 North Magnolia Avenue, Santee 92071-3120. Directions: from south: 94 to 125 north and 52 east to the Magnolia
Ave. exit. Turn left and go to Mission Gorge Rd. to turn left and an
immediate right at First St. or pass the church to go past MGR and Park
Ave. (where there is no turn allowed) and turn left into the alley
behind the Fellowship Hall. From Highway 8: take 67 north,
Prospect Ave. exit, left at the ramp light, right on Magnolia. From the
north, take 52 to Mast Blvd. left (east) to Magnolia Ave (a couple
miles). Turn right, and the church is on the right about a mile, just
past the historic Polo Barn.
We occasionally use the historic Olivenhain Meeting Hall, at 423 Rancho Santa Fe Road, Encinitas, CA, 92024. Directions: From I-5 take exit 39, Manchester Ave. Turn left (east) from the off-ramp and go 1 mile, then turn right to stay on Manchester Avenue. The road changes name to Rancho Santa Fe Road as it crosses Rancho Santa Fe Boulevard, just as you pass the Olivenhain Platz shopping mall. Go 1/2 mile further, turn right on 7th Street. The Hall is at the corner of Rancho Santa Fe Road and 7th Street.
Our most recent addition is the Boll Weevil Restaurant at 9330 Clairemont Mesa Blvd San Diego, CA 92123. (858) 571-6225. Just a short distance west of I-15, at Ruffin Road, we will use the enclosed patio area for our singing.